Concord Grape Pie Crumble....mmm sound delicious dessert right?
I love this pie, I've made grape pie many times, the first time I made it was on Valentine's Day, I've made Valentine's Grape Pie for my husband as Valentine's gift.
This grape pie crumble recipe is re-post from my new blog DesireToEat.Com
Concord Grape Pie Crumble
- 300g flour
- 200g butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- 400g concord grapes, stemmed, seeded
- 50g sugar
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour + 1 tablespoon warm water
- Prepare a bowl, mix flour and salt, add butter into flour, stir with fork or with your hand, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle in up to 5 tablespoons ice water, knead the dough until smooth, press dough into ball-shape, wrap it with plastic wrap, keep in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Puree the grapes, cook with medium heat until bubbles comes out (about 2-3 minutes), add sugar.
- Mix tapioca flour with warm water, add it into grape mixture, stir well, continue cooking for about 7-8 minutes with low heat until turns thick.
- Preheat oven 190°C.
- Grease 20cm pie plate with butter.
- Take and remove 1/4 of the dough for the crumble. Roll the rest of the dough under floured surface, fit in into pie plate.
- Pour grape filling into pastry bottom.
- Sprinkle the rest of 1/4 of the dough on top of the filling with your hand to make crumble.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 180°C, continue baking until pastry turns golden brown, 20-25 minutes more. Cool down the pie. Ready to serve.